Saturday, May 10, 2014

Here today, gone tomorrow.


I normally have closure with my students, field day, picnic at the park, and fun labs, but this time, I was rushed to close out for the year as I embarked on this incredible journey. It seems like a whirlwind of a way to end a year; I'm going to miss them and the last days of school.

With the mad rush to close out the classroom responsibilities, I spent far less time than I normally do with my family. My wife, Laura, has been in cosmotology school for most of the school year. This means that everyday I have had the new responsibility of getting them to sports practices and games, fed, bathed and tucked in. And, homework! I always forget that one! The respect, love and appreciation for my wife were already high, but now I KNOW firsthand what she has done for all of these years. It's amazing how you can long for something that requires so much work. Being away from them and my wife will be the biggest challenge that I face.
This is what I left this morning. Four sleeping beauties. 




No comments:

Post a Comment