Monday, May 12, 2014

Clean Room

This is where I have spent a LOT of my time. The Clean Room, or as I call it, The Bubble. One group of scientists will be testing samples for trace metals; therefore, there cannot be ANY metals in the air to contaminate the samples. That means that the room had to be scrubbed clean before building a wood frame and hanging plastic from ceiling to the floor with everything covered. We then had to clean the plastic twice and install two HEPA air filter systems to filter the air inside the room. I have spent nearly two days on this one task, building and cleaning, long before the first sample is even tested. I'm ready for a new job. The smell of plastic wrap on a rocking ship is not the way that I want to spend the next month! But, I do as I'm told and work hard to pull my weight because everyone around me is working hard too.


Building a bubble reminds me of the movie E.T.

1 comment: