Monday, July 29, 2013

Slow Work

I've been working on the engagement videos for a while now in my spare time (which hasn't been as much as expected). I have so much raw footage that organization has been a real challenge. I have over a terabyte and am almost filling up a second external hard drive. My Macbook has not had enough memory to add the newest videos, so I've decided to create and delete to make room.

This video is perfect for my classroom. It is inquiry in nature. I begin with one topic and end with another. There is space for the students to take notes and answer questions as they build evidence to support a claim and later write an argument for a class discussion. I simply cannot wait to use this and see what the students research and write. I hope that it makes sense without me standing nearby to push pause and have students turn and discuss before moving on. This video will launch us into a 3 day exploration on the topic of density; then it will be used for another 3 day unit based on their research on the topic of environmental impact vs. personal rights. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment